Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Time to put my head in the oven..

It's that time again.  About every six years months I contemplate that one chore that I hate more than any other.  Cleaning the oven!  I dislike it so much I actually calculate how much a new one will cost each time.  I was also disappointed to find out that I had not put that helpful little bit of foil in the bottom this time and now will have to spend half the day with my head in the oven.  Good thing it won't be half of this day.  I wonder, with all the strange fetishes out there, if there is a group of people who actually enjoy incorporating oven cleaning with their sex.  I don't mind washing the floor.  I have swiffer wet for that!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like your dad... Do you remember how often we moved when you were a kid? It was because he hated decorating more than anything. When it was time, we just moved. He never did do ovens. If he did, maybe I'd have got a nice new one by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! Does anyone know how to delete a follower? I totally forgot I had a blog sign in name and I need to get rid of my Twitter persona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I think every six months is over-achieving. I'd contemplate the oven until March or so, if I was you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you can just unfollow me. Or you could just pretend to be two different people for a while until I get more. And yes, Averill, I think March would be great. A little spring cleaning! But my landlord came by for a quick visit and suggested I might want to do something about it soon. It's not like you can see with the door closed!

    ReplyDelete