Wednesday, October 20, 2010

On the menu tonight...

Apple and walnut risotto.  I think that might go well with the chicken and apple sausages I picked up from Granville island yesterday.  I have a love/hate relationship with sausages.  They always seem like a good idea until they're on my plate and I have a hard time remembering the last good one I had.  But, as with all relationships, you have to keep trying to make it work until you find a sausage that's right for you.

As for the risotto, when done right, it's worth the effort.  And that effort is usually a pain in the ass.  Since I haven't just won, or recently been kicked off Hell's Kitchen, my risotto takes a lot of concentration and pots.  I got pretty good at it when I started a few years back, but then got cocky (not part of the sausage metaphor...I'm done with that one) and tried to whip it up without much thought.  As I said, when done right, it's worth the effort.  When done badly, it's just crappy, expensive rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment